Friday, May 23, 2008

Camping is fun (the more I say it, the more I believe it)

B and I are off to a Memorial Day Extravaganza this weekend. Included in the extravaganza is three nights of camping in a tent. Now, I don't really mind camping. There is something charming and rustic about being dirty and eating food off the grill, and not caring about the bugs on your arms because the scenery is so beautiful. I am reminding myself of all the good things about camping. We will also have great company this weekend and lots of alcohol. 2 things I like. Camping is fun.

B loves to camp. She has a tent and camping gear and other stuff that people need for camping. I also (surprisingly) have my own tent and my own ax. I bought them as a set when I once thought I might like camping. Exclaiming to myself, 'Camping, yeah! I need gear for my new passion!', I rushed off to a camping store and bought a bomb ass set of camping stuff - everything one would need to enjoy the trees and dirt. But, after using the stuff once, I realized there wasn't any 'camping passion' included in the set. I looked and looked, but just couldn't find any. Found some bugs though, and they crawled on me. Camping is fun.



Here is my engagement ring. Love it! I will not be wearing it camping, however, for two reasons. The first is that camping is dirty and my ring may get dirty. But, perhaps the second reason is more relevant; my ring is in the shop. A diamond already fell out! So, I will be without my ring for about 2 weeks! Ouch!



Look! Here I am outside in a rural setting! See, I like to experience nature. I then like to go home and take a shower.

Journal of a girl willing to camp (to impress her girl)

3 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

ok that's cute. :D

Evil said...

excuse me while I envision you in the shower...

yep.. yep... there it is...

thanks...

have an awesome weekend, guys!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. My girl is also hugely outdoorsy and me? Not so much. Does adventurous count? Looking fwd to reading about your plans!