Thursday, May 15, 2008

Arsenio Hall fist in the air for the CA Supreme Court

Yeah! Yeah! Whoo hoo! The California Supreme Court just ruled that denying same-sex couples the right to marry is unconstitutional. Hell yeah!! Equal protection of the law, here we come.

At this moment I am very proud to be a Californian. Even though I no longer live in this gigantic state, I still feel a very deep connection and still consider myself a member of this awesome state.

Who knows what this ruling will mean. Things will be hashed out in the months to come, hate will be slung from the highest mountains, cruel religious dirt will be thrown at us, gays and lesbians will be made to look like disgusting pond muck determined to ruin the sanctity of marriage, and yet, it is an amazing step for this country and I will continue to smile as I trudge through the hatred, knowing that the world can be a fair and just place if you know where to look.

Seems appropriate to talk about the love of my life at this moment. We are engaged to be married in the very traditional sense. Love, proposal, ring, crying, yes, planning, happy. Yet, we have no place that will have us married in the very traditional sense. Not in this country, at least. We still have a long way to go. But, back to the love of my life: she is da bomb, she completes me, she makes me smile, she is the apple of my eye, she is what I love.

Here is a picture of us in the great state of California (take note of the sunshine and the palm tree - clear indicators of what an awesome state this is):


Journal of a traditionally engaged wanna be lesbian bride

2 comments:

Evil said...

awww... so frickin cute I can't stand it! :)

Anonymous said...

"it is an amazing step for this country and I will continue to smile" -- as will I!

Luckily for me I checked myspace tonight & saw your comment. Yes, I AM coming to visit you. Can't wait. Thank you so much for the link to this journal. I have a new site, too (in addition to my kyana one) -- it's http://www.justin.tv/marakka8 -- and sometimes I'm even live on it! And Ben has one he's posting to from Ireland -- http://tall_benjammin.livejournal.com