Monday, September 15, 2008

So proud to be marrying B

The gay community in Albany isn't really what I would call numerous or active, but I was pleasantly surprised on Sunday when we attended the first ever Marriage Equality March in Albany. The turnout was great, the message to the state lawmakers was clear and the support that B and I received from her family was heartwarming. Her sisters even made awesome rainbow t-shirts.



As I was registering, the news people found my very cute group and interviewed them. B was splashed all over the news last night - her voice was clear and convincing and her content was superb - yeah B! You make me so proud. Check out the article and the newsreel here.

After the crowd walked the (very) short distance across the only appropriate bridge they could find in Albany (bridge crossing was the theme for the marriage equality marches - 2 others were held in NYC and San Francisco - cities with much better bridges than Albany) the news people again grabbed B to interview her. You won't find me on the news though - I don't like cameras or the spotlight. I will step up if needed, but B had things fully under control.

It was a great event and I am very proud that we could be a part of it. Thank you to Darcy, Samantha, Sherry, Lisa, Krystianna, Thomas and Aaron for attending and supporting us.






Journal of a proud (soon-to-be) sister

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is totally the coolest thing ever. Your girlfriend looks good in a suit AND she's well-spoken in front of a TV camera? Well, hell!

Amy said...

I didn't know you were marrying a TV personality from NY! Congrats B! You did an awesome job!

I think you should play this at the wedding!

Butch Jamie said...

I love those plaid shorts you're wearing!

I tried to play the video but had no luck. I'll try again.