Sunday, May 3, 2009

Visiting


Last weekend marked our 6 month wedding anniversary. We spent it visiting with my grandma and aunt in hot and sunny PA! It was a wonderful ladies only weekend filled with good conversation, food and the viewing of Grey Gardens, the HBO version. Even Luna the cat joined us.


Unfortunately, it was a very short trip b/c the driving part takes 8 hours. Ugggghhh. It was a long time in the car. Luckily my grandma likes to stay up late and so our 6:30 evening arrival time didn't signal her bedtime. We stayed up late discussing what the world will look like without Bea Arthur and Guiding Light. Did you know that Guiding Light is the longest running soap opera? My grandma used to listen to it when it first aired in 1937 as a 15 minute radio program. The show moved to TV in 1952, became a 30 minute program in 1968 and an hour long in 1977. Some may say that the hour long show is about an hour too long, but with a history like that we have to give it a break.

My grandma doesn't get up and go much these days but, dang it, she has been many many places with her friend the internet. When she isn't looking up her stock performance she is facebooking or reading my blog or emailing family members to "send more pictures, please." She reads the local, national and worldwide news and even likes to mess around with the gossip and entertainment sites.

Next time I visit I fully expect her to be sporting the newest in bluetooth technology. I have a lot to learn from her.

Journal of a granddaughter.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love that pic of Luna.