Sunday, March 7, 2010

Today

I've been away so long that I should start with where I've been, what I've been doing and where I am now. But, all in good time. Right now I am not starting at the beginning, but, in the present. By that I mean, the right now. The way I spent my day today. It was a good day.

This morning we went to the charming farmers market in Little Italy. Cute. Good food. Delicious clementines and tangerines and avocados and vegan tamales. Yum.

Today I unpacked and organized and tried, unsuccessfully, to sell some furniture on craigslist. It's difficult to move from a three bedroom house, with full attic and full basement, and big kitchen and dining room, etc., etc., to a one bedroom cottage. We are still two people, with two cats, two couches, two beds and lots of other stuff. Now, we have to fit into a mini house. But, I like it. I like living in a tiny place that forces us to move outside more often, forces us to inspect each item and contemplate its worthiness, forces us to evaluate each purchase on its usefulness, not on its flashiness.

This is our mini house before we moved in:






This is our mini house after we moved in:







Lots to do!

Journal of a happy me!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Very tough to find places for everything. But, I love our new place and now I just want our kitties with us. C'mon Huey and Frankie, we are waiting :)

Butch Jamie said...

Looks cute! :)

Upholstery Cleaning said...

Congratson the new placE!

Home Cleaner said...

Your house looks fantastic, for a starter home, you can't want more.
Domestic Cleaning Barnes